Friday, November 12, 2010

Assessing the Damage, Post-Nightfloat

This round of nightfloat is over. Hallelujah! I'm in a post-nightfloat fatigue cloud. Can't really think straight, and realize that feeling will continue all weekend. What a waste of a weekend. But on a more positive note, this was one of the more fun nightfloat weeks I've had in a while. But I'm still glad it's over!

Now would be a good time to assess the damage of the past 7 days so I can make changes starting NOW.

Here's how it went:

Miles run (completed/planned): 22/22
Long run: 0/0
Speed work sessions: 2/3 Speed work completed at goal time: 1
Swimming sessions: 1/1
Biking sessions: 1/1
Weights: 2/4

Average Daily Excess Calories: 500 (!!)
Average Daily Calorie Burn: 274
Average Daily Excess Calories Accounting for Burn: 226 (!!)

Hmmm. Successes include getting in all of my running miles and working out 6 out of 7 days while I was on nightfloat, including doing weights one day while at work (at 1 am!!) because I didn't have time before I got to work. Failures include only getting in 50% of my planned weight sessions and over-eating like a crazy person. In all fairness, however, I wasn't trying to decrease calorie intake, I was just getting back into the swing of healthy eating by starting to record calories again, since I haven't done that in months.

So, next week, I'll focus on getting in 100% of my weight sessions and decreasing my excess daily calories from 500/day to 200/day. In just a few weeks, I should be to my daily calorie intake goal of 1200/day (which is the basal metabolic rate for someone my size). And I need to get my long run in this weekend, no matter how tired I feel.

Here's the schedule:

Saturday: swim, weights,
Sunday: 17 mile easy run, weights
Monday: 10 mile tempo run
Tuesday: 5 mile bike, swim, weights
Wednesday: 10 mile long intervals, weights
Thursday: 6 miles (Yasso 800s), swim
Friday: 5 mile bike, weights

Definitely more ambitious than last week but I get to sleep at night like a normal person and I have to work hard before Thanksgiving binging!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment