Sunday, January 30, 2011

Weekly Work-out Wrap-up




This week was (appropriately) consumed by last Sunday's marathon in Maui, and recovery after said race. So, not a whole lot of running going on. My plan for recovery was to have no plan save running at least 1 mile every day. Which I did. But I did not go any farther than that! I also got in a few (hilly and sandy, therefore tough s/p marathon!) hikes and kayaking.

I got a few questions about the race t-shirt from the Maui Oceanfront Marathon. I stated in my race report that the t-shirt logo was the only thing I would change about the race so folks wondered what on earth was on that shirt! As you can see, nothing controversial or 'bad', just a lady w/ her backside to us carrying a fish. But I was hoping for a whale or turtles or palm trees. Like the really great bibs:




And the super awesome fish shaped medal that has turtles and a picture of Maui w/ the course outlined on the back. Me with my medal being goofy:


















But now it is time to look ahead. Tomorrow, I'll be starting my 15 week training plan for the Rockford Marathon on 5/15. As I discussed in my 2011 goals post, I will be using the Furman FIRST training method, which is 3 runs weekly (speedwork, tempo and long) and at least 2 days of cross-training. I may end up doing 4 runs a week some weeks just for fun and hopefully will do quite a bit more than just 2 cross-training sessions. But the bare minimum each week is 3 runs, 2 cross-training sessions.

My goal for 5/15 is sub-4:15 but I'll test myself throughout the training and if I progress well, maybe I can shoot for a more aggressive goal. Since I just ran a 4:20:58, maybe I can shave a few more minutes off 4:15! A girl's gotta dream, right??

So, the plan for next week:

Monday: 4 x 800 @ 7:20 pace w/ 2 min RI (recovery intervals)
Tuesday: swim, spinning class (6pm)
Wednesday: 5 miles @ 9:00 pace w/ hills, weights
Thursday: swim, spinning class (6:15 am)
Friday: weights
Saturday: rest day
Sunday: 13 miles @ 9:30

I have a bunch of Hawai'i posts I'm working on. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment