Sunday, January 2, 2011

Weekly Work-out Wrap-up


Much as this child is drowning into a nasty looking body of water, I've been drowning into the nastiness of the VA hospital. Only 4 more days. Hallelejah!!

My treadmill 20 miler took a lot out of me both physically and mentally and it showed for the rest of the week. I had some L quad pain for a few days so cut back on the mileage quite a bit. It felt okay today, though, so hopefully I'm good to go for next week!

Major success this week: I ran post overnight call and post post overnight call- 2 things I've never been able to make myself do before! Hurrah!

By the numbers:

Miles run (completed/planned): 30/42
Long run: 1/1
Speed work sessions: 0/1 Speed work completed at goal time: NA
Hill Work: 1/1
Biking miles: 0/0
Swimming sessions: 0/1
Weights
: 2/2
Days I Ate Healthily and Sparingly: 3/7


Next week:

Monday (day call)
: 4 miles, hills
Tuesday: Yasso 800's 9 x 800 @ 7.5 mph
Wednesday (day call): weights (1 hr)
Thursday (dinner date):
10K @ 5K pace
Friday: weights, spinning class
Saturday: 20 miles
Sunday: swim

I'm super-psyched that my husband has renewed his interest in running- his motivation will help with my motivation. Talk about synergy!

Let's get 2011 off to a good start! :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog, and for the awesome comment!

    20 miles ON A TREADMILL??? That right there sounds like hell to me, good for you.

    ReplyDelete