Wednesday, February 6, 2013

45 in 45 Week 5

(Borrowed from elsewhere- not my babybison!)

This hasn't been the best week. Two work-out fails. Yesterday, I left spinning early after only 30 minutes because I was having a weird left lower quadrant and back ache that I didn't have prior to spinning class. As I've mentioned before, one of my rules for safe exercise during pregnancy is to back off or stop if I have different or worsened "sensations" than I have when NOT exercising. Maybe I'm overcautious, but I don't think so. What other barometer makes more sense? I can't think of one. So I stopped early. The ache continued (it was so, so mild and not associated with any other symptoms) for a few hours but I otherwise felt fine and by the evening I felt totally fine and did my run and hill climb with absolutely no problems.

Just now I went to do a 3 miler outside since it's relatively warm at 30+ degrees. I was hungry though so had a sandwich and crackers a few minutes before I left. Usually, I can eat (or drink) immediately before- or even during a run with absolutely NO GI consequences. Guess I'm lucky. (I had dinner and a glass of red wine before one of my treadmill 20 milers in the past!) But I guess with the real estate at a premium in my abdomen and pelvis, I don't have the flexibility I used to have. I had to abort my run at 1 mile because I wasn't entirely sure if the pain I was having was GI vs other. GI=niggle. Other could be baby. So I stopped. Hopefully, as my body adapts to the end of 2nd trimester and the beginning of the the 3rd (can you believe I'll be in my 3rd trimester in a week and two days!?!), I'll figure out what new issues are just niggles and which are legit. Even as I write this I feel totally fine again so I'll probably head down for an arm weight w/u and swim in a bit.

Still, it's frustrating to get motivated and ready to work out and having to stop well before my heart, lung, head or legs want me to.

Just me whining.

Here are the details of last week's workouts:

Day 1: 1 mile run, 300 yard swim (20 minutes)
Day 2: 1 mile run 13.6 mile spin (55 minutes)
Day 3: 1 mile run, 1000 yd swim (45 minutes)
Day 4: 1 mile run, 2.5 mile hill climb (45 minutes)
Day 5: 1 mile run (10 minutes)
Day 6: 1 mile run, prenatal weight w/u (45 minutes)
Day 7: 1 mile run, 8.5 mile spin, 2.2 mile hill climb (75 minutes)

Total:  295 out of 310 (deficit down to 15 minutes!!)
Total deficit: 50+60+70+30+15= 225 deficit

With only a week left, I'd have to exercise for 75 minutes a day every day b/t now and next Thursday. Not sure how realistic this is. Especially when I have to stop from time to time like I have this week. This Sunday in particular is a near impossibility since I'm on Division Call.

What do you think, friends? What kind of modification should I make for myself so I can still call this personal challenge a success? Give myself an additional week of 45 minutes day so the deficit can be spread out over 2 weeks instead of one?

I'll see how the next few days go.....





No comments:

Post a Comment