Monday, March 7, 2011

Weekly Work-out Wrap-up


Exhaustion. My week has been defined by exhaustion. Maybe sleeping with my rump in the air like a bear will help? I doubt it. But I'd try if I thought it'd take this overwhelming fatigue away!!

Another not-too-successful training week and since this marks the 3rd week in a row in which I'm nowhere near exercising as much as I'd like and missing yet another long run; I know it's time to revise my training plan. Which I just finished doing. Sorta depressing, but much more realistic. I knew when I wrote this plan, it was very unlikely that I would be able to do a long run every week. I just don't have that kind of time.

My revised plan still includes 1 speedwork and 1 tempo a week, because those have been going great and I've been nailing my paces every single time. I left in swimming, usually twice a week, because if I'm ever going to do a tri I have to learn how to swim. I removed biking completely because I find the stationary bike so boring and the weather is too nasty to ride outside. I'll re-incorporate that later in the Spring. And I made the more realistic goal of doing weights only once a week. I realize that's far from ideal but I don't think it will happen more often that that right now. Once I start running outside, I'll go back to doing a bit of core work after each run, but for now, once a week will have to do.

And the long runs. Oh, the long runs. How can I possibly fit these in?? My revised plan has a long (>11) mile run once every 14-16 days instead of every week. I'll just have to accept that that is the best I can do. Since I'm starting from such a strong base, I think it will be enough for my Spring marathons.

By the numbers:

Miles run (completed/planned): 22/32
Days of Week I Ran: 7/7
Long run:
0/1
Speed work/tempo: 2/2 Speed work completed at goal time: 2/2
Biking sessions: 0/2
Swimming sessions: 0/2
Weights
: 0/2
Days I Ate Healthfully and Sparingly: this needs to be a BIG focus this week

This week's schedule is a bit lighter w/ no attempts at two-a-days thus more days of sleeping until 6 in the morning. I'll need this given I have 3 overnight calls (30 hour shifts) in the next 12 days:(

Monday (post-overnight call): rest
Tuesday: 6x800m @ 7:30 pace w/ 1:30 RIs
Wednesday: 8 miles w/ 6 @8:45 pace
Thursday (overnight call): weights
Friday (post-overnight call): rest
Saturday: swim
Sunday (day off): 20 miles, relaxed pace

Time to go finish my post-call sleep....

3 comments:

  1. Hey, you have to be in survival mode right now. Hang in there - for what it's worth, I think you're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are you blogging when you can be sleeping? We appreciate the the blog though

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear ya. It's so hard to fit everything in. Long runs are my favorite of the meager 3 runs I get to do and yet, I've missed some of mine too ;( Bah! Keep trying & get some sleep.

    ReplyDelete