Saturday, October 23, 2010

Forget running.....

So as many of you already know the past couple of weeks have been big running let downs for me.

Fail #1:
10/10/10 goal: 4:15
10/10/10 reality: 4:40. Yes, it was hot. Yes, most people were off their goal times by 30-60 minutes. Yes, that makes me feel a little bit better. But, I'm still sad. So, what exactly happened? I'll save that for my race report. Basically it was hot, I'm a wimp and that's that.

Fail #2:
I got a wicked cold 3 days after the race. I've actually never gotten sick post marathon before so I was super bummed. I was even more bummed when I was still sick the night before I was supposed to run the marathon in Rhode Island. I thought long and hard about whether I should still run. I knew I could run (or walk) slow and finish thus at least accomplishing my goals of getting Rhode Island and qualifying for Marathon Maniacs. But I also knew that if I got a time even slower than 4:40 (which was likely given how sick I felt) that I would be very, very depressed and might swear off running for a while. And since I want to keep running and the main reason to run is to ENJOY running (why start a marathon I knew was going to inevitably be painful, miserable, and possibly might ruin the rest of my vacation?) So, I bailed on the run. I don't regret not running- I really was in no shape to do so. But, I guess I have to find a way to get back to Rhode Island in the future and I need to come up with a new Marathon Maniacs plan. I'm going to start looking at races in the spring, I'll let you know what I come up with.

So, in light of all these failures, I'd like to present you with a new store whose products are right in line with my mentality these past couple weeks. It's called The Weak Shop. If you haven't seen this before, you must check it out. They sell products for lazy ass folks like myself (I haven't worked out in 2 WHOLE WEEKS!) to make our lives easier.

For lazy runners, there is the "Downhill Treadmill Converter":





For the person who doesn't want to stand in line (or stand in general) ANYWHERE, there are the "Chair Pants":






And, for the laziest of all- the folks who are too lazy to even bring food from a plate to their mouths, there is the "Food Lift". Wow. Explains some of the obesity in this country, doesn't it;)




The web page is quite funny, so if you found this at all humorous, check out all their products at The Weak Shop!

1 comment: