Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Work-out Wednesday

Finally got in a good work-out this week. Speedwork always makes me feel better about my running life. Even though these aren't the fastest intervals ever, I thought I was going to die so that's a good thing:) (Only runners say "I thought I was going to die" and "that's a good thing" in the same sentence.) Two comments about my 6 x 1200 m intervals tonight:

1. Knowing the treadmill is going to automatically shut down at 1 hour makes me time my workout to 1 hour. When I happened to pick the one treadmill that does not shut down at 1 hour, did I extend my cool-down to a full mile? I did not. Hello, 180 second cool-down. Ooops.

2. During my last interval (in mph: 7.2, 7.4, 7.6, 7.3, 7.5, 7.7), about 1/3 of the way in I knew it was a bit harder than I'd hoped. I started to feel a bit lightheaded even, which is quite unusual for me. So I told myself, "Self, your options are finish this interval or pass out trying, and your teeth and face will thank you if it's the former". So I kept breathing, kept a focus on one little area of the treadmill front plate and ran. And yes, all of my teeth are still in my mouth. Phew!

Good night to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment