Sunday, December 26, 2010

Christmas....At Home


I hope everyone had a very merry Xmas! Mine was way too short because of my awful-terrible-no-good work schedule, but I tried to make the most of it. Adam helped out a ton by chauffeuring me around Illinois, which allowed me to get some extra sleep while in the car.

Since my Christmas away was too short, I'm glad our apartment is plenty festive so I can enjoy a little of bit of the holiday at home every night (except for those pesky overnight call nights). Above is our tree. We don't do presents in my family (except for those <15 yrs old or so), making the area under the tree somewhat bare, but I supplemented w/ our Illinois Santa hat and my Santa hat and beard from the Santa's Hustle 5K:)

Here are some of my favorite ornaments:


Santa Cross-Country skiing




Santa hiking (w/ a blue backpack just like my Big Blue!)




Santa kayaking!




This is a painted shell of a real hard-boiled egg I bought in Prague years ago. I'm still amazed it made it back to the US and through multiple moves intact!



We have a full herd of bison on our tree. Here are a couple representative members:






And the oldest ornament on our tree:



Go ahead, do the math, I know you want to:)



No comments:

Post a Comment