Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Excellent Run, Excellent Drive, Excellent Boat!

A few days ago, I had a near perfect day. The temperature was between 65-75 with a nice cool breeze all day, all sun, no clouds. Beautiful. And I spent the entire day from 7am until well past sundown OUTSIDE! I took full advantage of the beautiful day. Here's what I did:


1. I started with a 22 mile run with my friend, Sara. That's the longest training run I've ever done to date so I was proud of myself. As I wrote on Daily Mile, I was slogging through the whole thing but I was really never too short of breath nor were my legs sore- I was just overall tired. At mile 15 I had a happy surprise in the form a text from a friend asking me to join her on a boat on Lake Geneva. There was the motivation for the rest of my run. Get......home.......get......to......boat.

This picture is actually from the Rockford Half Marathon, during the 13th mile.


2. After a quick shower and a detour at the grocery store for junk food (my friend told me to bring "snacks"- that means junk food, right? I thought so), I was on the road in my baby girl, Elly. I can't tell you how much I love Elly. She's just about 3 years old and looks great! So I spent quality time in the sun on the road listening to the Bears game, then the new Arcade Fire album when the game ended (just for the record: Bears, you are killing me).



Here's the Ellster:





3. From running in the sun to driving in the sun to boating in the sun! I haven't been on a speedboat in years and forgot how fun it is! My friends Wendy and Bart have access to a boat on Lake Geneva and were gracious enough to invite me to join them. It was so great to catch up with both of them, and even better that we could do it in the middle of the lake in the sun (and with junk food!) I was smiling ear to ear half the way back to Chicago!

Here are Wendy and Bart- aren't they cute??




And, Wendy and I. Aren't we cute, too?



That may have been the last day of summer here in Chicago. That's okay, because I took full advantage!

(Oh, and for those of you who noticed the "near" in "near" perfect day in the first sentence: the only imperfection is that Adam had to leave for a work trip. But he'll be back tomorrow!)

1 comment: