Monday, November 26, 2012

45 on 4 of 5




Motivation is contagious. Today, I became infected. And that's a good thing.

How did I catch this bug? A friend of mine posted the following on Facebook:

"Inspired by [insert her friend's name], I'm pledging now: at least 45 minutes of cardio every day between now and Christmas Eve. Today was day 2. Keeping myself accountable."

Sounds like a great idea to me! But despite my intermittent athletic fanaticism, this might be a bit unrealistic for me in the coming month with my work schedule. So I had to make some modifications, and I came up with 45 minutes of exercise (weights count too) in 4 of 5 days between now and Christmas Eve. That's 29 days (counting today), thus I can have 5 days "off" where I "just" run my daily mile. I can do that! (I think!)

So thanks, Emily R. H., for sharing your plan and motivating me to jump back on the exercise train. Despite running two marathons in the past month and a half I've otherwise been very sedentary for a variety of reasons (some are good excuses, some aren't), so this might be just the kick in the pants I need to stay accountable to myself and the roughly five or six people who read this blog:)

Anyone want to join me? Feel free to make your own modifications. The point is to commit to being active in whatever form or timeframe you can!

This weeks's plan:

                                          
Monday  
3 mile run, 15 minute swim
Tuesday
8 am: LLAC class, 1 mile run
Wednesday 
6:30 am spinning, 1 mile run
Thursday
800 yard swim, 3 mile run
Friday 
9:45 am Sculpt class, 1 mile run
Saturday 
1 mile run (rest day 1 of 5)
Sunday
1 mile run, 35 minutes pilates video


1 comment: