Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Waterfall Glen

Today I went for a run at Waterfall Glen in Darien, Illinois. It's one of my favorite paths in Chicagoland. The path is a 9.6 mile loop of crushed gravel though forest, past streams and marshlands. Also goes along train tracks which are still in use and a model plane field where a bunch of retired guys are usually flying their planes +/- a grandson or two. Hilly, which is not always easy to find around here. Lots of birds and squirrels and I usually see deer and foxes if I get there early enough. Lots of shade to help keep cool but today even the shade didn't keep me cool enough, so I'll admit, I did a bit of a walk/run thing. But it was good to get outside for a bit in the fresh air and the drive with the top down in Elly is always a nice start and finish to the run!

No comments:

Post a Comment